Gouda has been manufacturing rayon shawls as part of our scarf offerings for over twenty years. Rayon is an ideal fabric for a more casual feel to a scarf or shawl with a different drape from silks and other fabrics. Rayon is lightweight and airy and it prints beautifully. Originally developed as an alternative to silk as far back as the 1880’s rayon is a great choice for shawls and scarves. Made of cellulose, rayon is a cost effective, attractive fabric that takes both dyes and print very well.
Our rayon shawls and scarves are made in various sizes as large as 40 x 80″. To finish our shawls we either hem the edges or create a fringed edge depending on the desired effect. We can even finish your shawls as an infinity style shawl.
We print and finish our shawls by hand, and we can include a custom printed labels for your shawls.
We print both traditionally with silkscreen printing as well as digital printing on our rayon shawls.
Frequent Questions regarding Rayon Shawls:
- What is the minimum to print? 200 units
- Can I print in full color? Yes
- Will the color come through the rayon to the back? Yes
- Can I have multiple designs within that 200 units? Yes
- Can I approve samples prior to production? Yes, once we have your order, we can print approval samples
- Will my production match my samples? Yes
- How long does it take to manufacture? 3-4 weeks
- Are these made in the US? No
- Can I have a custom size? Yes
- Can I request a sample for quality prior to placing my order? Yes
Our team will work with you at the start of your project to determine the best way to print and finish your shawl based on your original artwork. Call or email us to discuss your shawl project: 212-477-9373