Custom Throw Blankets made to order
If you are looking for Custom Woven Throws, you have come to the right place. Our throws are woven in the USA with 100% yarn dyed cotton to create a colorfast blanket that will be enjoyed for years.
How do you make woven throw blankets?
We use a modern version of a very old technology; the simple warp and weft loom. Both the warp and weft are made of dyed cotton yarns that are woven together in combination to produce the final effect on the tapestry.
Each loom is set up with 9,600 dyed warp yarns, carefully selected to establish the colors for the base of the design. Each design is different, so we choose our warp yarns for the best final effect. With our woven throws, the warp yarns are all different colors, resulting in the most complex designs. With traditional looms, it would be common to have a single color warp. To create vibrant multi colored throws and reproduce artwork, our warp yarns will always be multi-colored.
The weaving process
Weaving a tapestry throw or pillow we use a modern loom, which is made up of a warp and weft. The weft yarns run horizontally on the loom and are is inserted over and under the warp yarns. The resulting woven throws are the optical effect of the warp and weft yarns mixing together to create the finished image. If you look closely, you can pick out the original color yarns.
Traditionally, weft yarns would have been woven by hand, which is an extremely slow process. This hand-woven method is still in use today for making hand woven textiles and carpets around the world.
Our 100% cotton throws are yarn dyed; producing long-lasting colorfast throws safe for machine washing and years of enjoyment. When cleaning our woven pillows we recommend spot cleaning.
- What are the minimums? 50 units
- Will I be able to approve a sample before production? Yes
- How long will it take to produce? 2-3 weeks
- How long will it take for a sample? 2-3 weeks
- What kind of artwork do I need to supply? Photoshop® or Illustrator® is preferred
- Can you help me finalize my artwork? Yes
- How much will my throws cost? Call us to get started with an estimate
- What size woven blankets do you offer? 50″ x 68″, 50″ x 77″, 50″ x 82″
- Can you make different size woven pillows? Yes
Contact us via Email or give us a call to get started: 212-477-9373
Setting up the loom with multi color yarns
Weaving in process